Monday 7 November 2011

Area's of Research

The first thing that I need to do is take a look over the work they've done so far and notes down on the style and theme they are going for.

Research into steampunk to understand the overall theme. The developers are going for more of a industrial time period of steampunk, which means sticking with that style.

I will need to look into level themes, race tracks both in other games and real life. The research will provide me with a better understanding of level flow and layout.

The levels will have to be designed with the vehicles in mind.

The developers have used real buildings as sources for their level designs. It would be a good idea to do the same. This means taking photographs of building that can be adapted to fit the theme of the game.

Research into all building and environment of the same nature need to be looked at. As well as taking a look at what assets would populate the maps. All assets need to be able to fit with the steam punk theme.

Once I have decided on the level themes I'm going for, I will have to do research into those area's.

No comments:

Post a Comment